CLIENT-FOCUSED DENVER ATTORNEYS SERVING CHERRY CREEK, AURORA & THROUGHOUT COLORADO
According to the Journal of American Medical Association (JAMA) and recent studies conducted by Johns Hopkins University, medical errors in hospitals and other health-care facilities have become the third leading cause of death in the United States. We understand the pain and emotional devastation caused by these tragic mistakes, and we are committed to obtaining justice for the victims of medical malpractice.
If you or a loved one has been harmed by a surgical error in the Denver area, contact the experienced attorneys at Leventhal Sar Law online to discuss your case for free. We serve clients from throughout Colorado, including Cherry Creek and Aurora.
Common Surgical Errors
Even though strict guidelines are put into place to ensure patient safety, mistakes still occur in the operating room. Some of the common surgical errors that could warrant a medical malpractice claim include:
- Wrong-site surgeries: Unfortunately, operations are sometimes performed on the wrong body part, wrong side or even the wrong patient. Although these errors are statistically rare, they are frightening to consider. According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the average hospital will be responsible for at least one wrong-site surgery every five to ten years.
- Forgetting surgical materials within patients: A USA TODAY study estimated that medical items are mistakenly left within patients between 4,500 and 6,000 times every year. Sponges, which can potentially cause infections, account for more than two-thirds of these cases.
- Anesthesia errors: General anesthesia is usually safe, but mistakes do happen, such as:
- Administering the wrong drug
- Insufficient delivery of oxygen during surgery
- Administering anesthesia with defective equipment or devices
- Failure to adequately monitor the patient during surgery
- Providing too much or too little medication
- Failure to administer anesthesia soon enough
- Failure to prevent avoidable infections: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that almost one out of every twenty-five hospital patients suffers at least one infection linked to their healthcare. In 2011, approximately 75,000 patients died from infections while hospitalized.
We Focus on Your Case so You Can Focus on Healing
Determining liability in medical malpractice claims involves meticulous investigation, expert testimony and experienced representation. The attorneys at Leventhal Sar Law have a proven record of successfully helping victims of medical negligence gain full and fair compensation for medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering. We understand the struggle a traumatic injury can place on victims and their families. We have the knowledge, compassion and resources to completely manage your case so you can focus on healing.
If a surgical error in Denver has caused you harm, contact the experienced attorneys of Leventhal Sar today by completing the form on this page to schedule your consultation. If your injuries prevent you from visiting our office, we will gladly come to your hospital room to discuss your case for free. We proudly help injury victims across Colorado, including Aurora and Cherry Creek.