A brain injury is one of the most catastrophic injuries a person can experience. Damage to the brain must be treated with great care, and the effects can last a lifetime. Our Denver brain injury lawyers will aggressively pursue compensation for those who have been subjected to this traumatic injury due to the negligence of someone else.
If you or a family member has suffered brain injury in an accident, please call Leventhal Sar LLC today at 720.667.3030 for a free consultation to begin building your case. Our Denver attorneys represent clients from Aurora, Cherry Creek and around Colorado.
What Is Traumatic Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury is a head injury that results in damage to the brain. The two basic types of these kinds of injuries are “penetrating” and “closed” head injuries.
- Penetrating head injury: This type of injury occurs when an object penetrates the victim’s skull.
- Closed head injury: This type of injury occurs when the head suddenly stops and the brain collides violently with the inside of the skull. This is what happens when a head hits a windshield in a car accident. This injury can also occur even if the skull doesn’t collide with an object, such as in a whiplash accident, when the brain is forcefully moved backward or forward within the skull. A traumatic brain injury does not always result in a loss of consciousness.
Signs and Symptoms of Brain Injury
Brain injuries are not always apparent. Injuries such as whiplash, stroke or concussion can cause damage without revealing evidence of severe trauma. It’s important to keep a look out for brain injury symptoms such as:
- Mood changes
- Loss of sex drive
- Ringing in the ears
- Loss of senses
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Loss of coordination or balance
- Excessive or irregular sleeping patterns, such as insomnia
- Lack of energy
- Neck pain
- Slow reading
- Slow speech
- Poor decision making
- Poor organizational skills
- Poor concentration
- Poor memory
- Persistent headache
Noticing brain injuries in children can be even more difficult than with adults. Due to a possible lack of communication skills, a child may feel symptoms but be unable to effectively articulate the problem. Certain brain injury symptoms to look for include:
- Loss of coordination and balance
- Loss of skills, such as reading, writing or toilet training
- Loss of interest in toys and playing
- Changes in eating habits
- Crankiness or more frequent temper tantrums
- Lack of energy
Compensation in Brain Injury Cases
Our Denver brain injury lawyers understand that no two clients, cases or injuries are the same. Since circumstances vary from client to client, we are prepared to pursue each case according to its unique details. You and your family may be able to recover for damages such as:
- Loss of income and earning potential
- Past and future medical expenses, including rehabilitative therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Home modifications and special equipment for mental and physical disabilities
Contact Experienced Brain Injury Lawyers in Denver
Brain injuries are notoriously difficult to diagnose, but our attorneys are committed to supporting you through every step of your case. Our legal team will investigate the circumstances surrounding your case and the extent of the injuries you suffered. We don’t just concentrate on obtaining compensation for what has already been lost, but we look toward the future and the emotional and financial hardships you face in the months and years to come.
Don’t suffer the burden of a brain injury alone. Contact the brain injury lawyers of Leventhal Sar LLC today online or at 720.667.3030 to discuss your case for free. We protect the rights of accident victims form Cherry Creek, Aurora and throughout Denver area. Our attorneys work on a contingency basis, so we won’t get paid until you do.